There's always fine print. Below you will find the stipend amounts and requirements for receiving them. Additionally there are rules and requirements for participating in the program.
Prepare these essays before you start the online application.
Essay 1: Discuss a diversity issue of local or national concern and its significance to you?
Essay 2: Discuss your own research interests and how you came to develop these interests. Was there a specific course or project that made you realize you want to teach and do research at the college level? How do you intend to pursue these interests in graduate school?
Stipend Amounts and Requirements
Pipeline Fellows receive stipends during the course of the program totaling approximately $6,000.
Stipend for participating in the Summer Institute
Stipend for Graduate Record Exam (GRE) fee
Stipend to cover graduate school application fees
Stipend for participation in the spring research conference
Stipend for completion of the thesis at the end of the program
In order to qualify for admission into the CUNY Pipeline Program, a student must:
be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
have an interest in pursuing a career in college teaching and research;
have a minimum GPA of 3.2;
be scheduled to graduate in the spring of the senior (or final) year;
be a junior enrolled in one of CUNY's senior colleges and have earned at least 80 credits;
be a full-time registered student in one of the CUNY senior colleges.
- Students majoring in law, business, or medicine are not eligible to participate in the Pipeline Program. There are several similar programs in these fields so we encourage you to look into them.
- You are required to have a faculty mentor (typically from your CUNY campus) for the duration of the program. In some cases students may switch mentors, however, this is strongly discouraged.
- Pipeline students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner during the program. We strive to create and uphold an inclusive and challenging academic environment.
- Pipeline students are expected to be punctual and not have outside school or work commitments during the Pipeline Summer Institute.
- To be eligible for stipends the requirements for each must be met.